Universities that accept second choice candidates for admission. We will show you list of universities that accept second choice in JAMB 2023.
It is important that you know if a university accept second choice candidates for admission before making that university your second choice institution during JAMB UTME registration.
If you have any questions, feel free to use the comment box below and we will respond to you in no time. Read on to see the comprehensive list.
Universities that Accept Second Choice Candidates in JAMB
As JAMB registration and Post UTME screening exercises commences this year, we thought it wise to give you a list of all private, states, and federal universities that accept 2nd choice candidate for admission. It is very important that you know the list of schools that accept second choice candidates for admission before choosing any of them as your second choice institution.
Without further ado, below are schools that allow candidates who chose them during their JAMB UTME registration as a second choice to apply for admission. We believe that this list will assist you in selecting a university that accept second choice candidates.
Universities that Accept Second Choice Candidates for Admission
List of federal universities that accept Second Choice Candidates.
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State (FUBK)
- Federal University Dutse, Jigawa State (FUD)
- Federal University Dutsin-ma, Kastina State (FUDMA)
- Federal University Gashua, Yobe State (FUGASHUA)
- Federal University Gusau, Zamfara State (FUGUS)
- Federal University Kashere, Gombe State (FUK)
- Federal University Lafia, Nasarawa State (FULAFIA)
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State (FULOKOJA)
- Federal University Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa State (FUOTUOKE)
- Federal University, Oye Ekiti, Ekiti State (FUOYE)
- Federal University Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- University of Maiduguri, Borno State (UNIMAID)
List of state universities that accept second choice candidates.
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State (ABSU)
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State (ATBU)
- Adamawa State University, Mubi, Adamawa State (ADSU)
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom State (AKSU)
- Anambra State University, Uli, Anambra State (ANSU)
- Cross Rivers University of Technology, Calabar, Cross River State (CRUTECH)
- Kwara State University, Malete (KWASU)
List of private universities that accept second choice candidates.
- American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa
- Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Modibo Adama University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa
- Novena University, Ogume,Delta State
- Obong University, Obong Ntak, Akwa Ibom State
- Paul University, Awka, Anambra State
- Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State
- Tansian University, Oba, Anambra State
- University of Mkar, Gboko, Benue State
- Western Delta University, Ogbara, Delta State
The above are list of universities in Nigeria that accept second choice candidates for admission into their various programmes. We will update this article regularly as changes are made within the Nigerian educational system.
Now below are list of Nigerian universities that will never admit students that selected them as 2nd choice during JAMB registration.
So don’t waste your second choice slot during UTME registration by applying for any of the under-listed schools because you won’t be offered admission.
Universities that DO NOT Accept Second Choice in JAMB
Below are list of universities that won’t consider you for admission when chosen as second choice because of the large number of students that turn up for their screening exercise every year.
If you did choose any of them as your second choice institution, we advise you to take JAMB change of institution form as soon as possible.
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU)
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka (UNIZIK)
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (OAU)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
From the list above, all federal and state universities, that have been in existence for so long won’t offer you admission if you chose them as second choice during JAMB as they already have thousands of candidates who chose them as first choice every year.
It is only newly established universities that are willing to accept you irrespective of the school you chose during JAMB because they are in need of more students.
Newly established schools are less competitive and are willing to accept second choice candidates. In fact, your chances of getting admitted are high even if you selected any of them as an option.
So it will be wise to go through the list once again before making any institution your second choice. If you have any questions regarding the list of universities that accept second choice for admission, feel free to let us know. Our support team will response immediately.