WAEC Physics past questions and answers are now available for download in PDF format. See how to access WAEC Physics past questions that will help boost your score and your overall performance in the 2023 WAEC Physics examination below.
WAEC Physics exam past questions and answers are provided here for download. All you have to do is to scroll through each of the questions. Scroll down to download the free WAEC Physics past questions and answers 2023.
WAEC Past Questions for Physics
This web page was created for the purpose of helping all prospective undergraduate students who are searching for WAEC Physics past questions Objective and Theory for preparation.
If you are one of them, then we have uploaded up-to-date WASSCE Physics past questions to help you during your preparation. So if you have been searching for WAEC past questions and answers for Physics, then you are on the right page.
The Physics WAEC past questions will help you to know the nature and pattern of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Examination. These materials will give you insight and prepares you for what to expect during the examination.
Our earnest desire is that you score higher in the upcoming West African Senior School Certificate Examination for prospective undergraduates. That’s why we have uploaded the WAEC past Physics questions and answers for your preparation.
All you have to do is to set aside time each day for your preparation in order to have a distinction or at least a credit pass. Remember, preparation is key to success.
Download the WASSCE Physics past questions in PDF format below.
WAEC Physics Past Questions and Answers
1. The slope of a straight line displacement time graph indicates the
- A. Distance travelled
- B. Uniform velocity
- C. Uniform acceleration
- D. Instantaneous acceleration
- E. Uniform speed
2. A ball of mass 0.5kg moving at 10ms-1 collides with another ball of equal mass at rest. If the two balls move off together after the impact, calculate their common velocity.
- A. 0.2ms-1
- B. 0.5ms-1
- C. 5.0ms-1
- D. 10.0ms-1
- E. 20.0ms-1
3. A ball is thrown vertically upwards from the ground with an initial velocity of 50ms-1. What is the total time spent by the ball in the air? (g = 10ms-2)
- A. 2.5s
- B. 5.0s
- C. 10.0s
- D. 15.0s
- E. 20.0s
4. A catapult is used to project a stone. Which of the following energy conversions takes place as the stone is released?
- A. The kinetic energy of the stone is converted into gravitational potential energy
- B. The gravitational potential energy of the catapult is converted into kinetic energy of the stone
- C. The gravitational potential energy is converted into elastic potential energy
- D. The elastic potential energy of the catapult is converted into gravitational potential energy of the stone
- E. None of the above
5. The clinical thermometer is characterized by having a
- A. wide range of temperature
- B. wide bore
- C. long stem
- D. constriction
- E. narrow bore
6. Which of the following statements about radiant heat is/are not correct?
I. radiant heat cannot travel through a vacuum
II. rough surfaces emit radiant heat more than polished surfaces
III. Dark surfaces absorb radiant heat more than bright surfaces
- A. I only
- B. II only
- C. III only
- D. I & II only
- E. II & III only
7. The motion of a body is simple harmonic if the
- A. Acceleration is always directed towards a fixed point
- B. path of motion is a striaght line
- C. Acceleration is directed towards a fixed point and proportional to its distance from the point
- D. Acceleration is proportional to the square of the distance from a fixed point
- E. Acceleration is constant and directed towards a fixed point
8. 0.5kg of water at 10oC is completely converted to ice by extracting 188000J of heat from it. If the specific heat capacity of water is 4200J kg-1C-1, calculate the specific latent heat of fusion of ice.
- A. 9.0 KJ kg-1
- B. 84.0 KJ kg-1
- C. 168.0 KJ kg-1
- D. 334.0 KJ kg-1
- E. 336.0 KJ kg-1
9. A given mass of gas has a pressure of 80Nm-2 at a temperature of 47oC. If the temperature is reduced to 27oC with the volume remaining constant, the new pressure is
- A. 46.0 Nm-2
- B. 75.0 Nm-2
- C. 80.0 Nm-2
- D. 85.3 Nm-2
- E. 139.4 Nm-2
10. Which of the following cannot be used to measure the temperature of a substance?
- A. variation of pressure with temperature
- B. expansivity of a liquid
- C. change in resistance of a conductor
- D. thermometric effect
- E. change in color with temperature
11. A transparent rectangular block 5.0cm thick is placed on a black dot. The dot when viewed from above is seem 3.0cm from the top of the block. Calculate the refractive index of the material of the block.
- A. 2/5
- B. 3/5
- C. 3/2
- D. 5/3
- E. 5/2
12. The temperature at which the water vapour present in the air is just sufficient to saturate it is called the
- A. ice point
- B. boiling point
- C. steam point
- D. dew point
- E. saturation point