BUK postgraduate admission form for the 2023/2024 academic session can be accessed via the official BUK postgraduate portal. See how to access the official Bayero University postgraduate form 2023/2024 below.
The Bayero University Kano School of Postgraduate Studies invites suitably qualified candidates to submit an application for admission into its various BUK postgraduate programmes (Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree, and Ph.D.) for the 2023/2024 academic session on a part-time and full-time basis.
We will show you everything you need to know about the admission exercise, the cost of BUK PG form 2023, the Bayero University postgraduate admission form closing date, and how to apply for the Bayero University masters form 2023 successfully without any hindrance.
Read on to see the admission requirement, how to access BUK postgraduate application form 2023, the price of BUK masters form 2023/2024, and how to apply for BUK PG admission form 2023 below.
How much is the Bayero University Kano postgraduate form 2023/2024? BUK postgraduate admission form cost N12,000 (Twelve Thousand Naira Only) and is non-refundable. Now that you know the cost of the admission form, let’s see the admission requirements and how to apply for BUK postgraduate form 2023 successfully.
Bayero University Kano Postgraduate Admission Requirement
All candidates for admission into Ph.D., M.Phil, M.A, M.Ed, M.Sc, M.Eng, and LLM Programmes must provide records of their Academic Transcripts.
- Candidates for admission into Ph.D/M.Phil programmes shall have M.A, M.Ed., M.Sc, M.Eng. or LLM Degrees in the relevant areas with CGPA of at least 3.50 on a scale of 0.00 to 5.00 from Bayero University Kano or any other recognised University.
- Candidates for admission into M.A, M.Ed, M.Sc (Ed), MLS, M.Sc., M.Eng. and LLM programmes shall have:
- A minimum of a Good Second Class Lower Degree in the relevant areas from Bayero University Kano or any other recognised University.
- A Degree plus University Postgraduate Diploma at Credit level in the relevant areas from Bayero University Kano or any other recognised University.
- For all Engineering programmes, candidates must have Credit in English, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Candidates for admission into MBCL shall possess:
- A minimum of a Good Second Class Degree in Law or the Social Sciences from Bayero University Kano or any other recognized University
- A Degree in Law or the Social Sciences plus University Postgraduate Diploma with a minimum classification of Merit from Bayero University Kano or any other recognized University.
- Candidates for admission into PGDBF, PGDHE, PGDPPA, PGDSPA, PGDCMPC, PGDMC, PGDDS, PGDE, PGDGC, PGDRTM, PGDHE, PGDDA, and PGDIM shall possess a Degree in any discipline from BUK or any other recognized University or HND with a minimum classification of Lower Credit obtained from recognized Institutions.
- Candidates for admission into PGDEM, PGDLA, and PGDSE, shall possess a Degree in Geography, Environmental Sciences, Agriculture, and related disciplines or HND with a minimum of Lower Credit in the related disciplines.
- Candidates for admission into PGDAF shall hold a Degree in Accounting or related disciplines obtained from a recognized Uni or HND with a minimum classification of Lower Credit in Accounting or related disciplines obtained from recognized Institutions.
- Candidates for admission into PGDTESL must have at least a 3rd class Degree in English or combined honours.
- Candidates for admission into PGDHS should have at least a 3rd class Degree in Hausa or combined honours or HND with a minimum of Lower Credit in the relevant areas obtained from recognized Institutions.
- Candidates for admission into PGDBS, PGDC, and PGDIP shall have a Degree in the relevant Science subjects or HND with a minimum of Lower Credit in the relevant areas obtained from recognized Institutions.
- Candidates for admission into PGDEE, PGDCE, and PGDME shall have a Degree in the relevant Engineering areas or HND with a minimum of Lower Credit in the relevant engineering areas obtained from recognized Institutions.
- Candidates for admission into Masters in Public Health must:
- Have an MBBS or BDS degree from Bayero University Kano or an equivalent Medical Degree from a recognised University.
- Be registered with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council and possess a current practicing license.
- Have at least three years post qualification cognate experience in Medicine or health-related area at Federal, State, or Local Government Area levels. Those employed in non-governmental organisations, engaged in occupational health services, as well as those in the private sector, are also eligible.
The following steps will walk you through the process of applying for BUK postgraduate form 2023/2024. To apply for admission, follow the procedures outlined below.
How to Apply for BUK Postgraduate Admission Form 2023/2024
1. Visit www.buk.edu.ng and click on Applications under the PROSPECTIVE STUDENT TAB. Enter your name and select “Applying for a Postgraduate Programme”. A username and password will be generated for you.
2. Login to your account and generate/print your BUK Personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF). A non-refundable application fee of N12,000 (Twelve Thousand Naira Only) will be reflected on your BUKPPF, to be paid using Remita e-Payments and eCollection platform (www.remita.net). You are required to enter all the information of the BUKPPF exactly. Also, ensure that all of the following are captured exactly as they are written on the BUKPPF:
- Name of MDA
- Name of Service/Purpose
- Description Amount to Pay (₦)
- Registration No.
- BUKPPF ID P
- Payer’s Full Name
- Payer’s Email
- Payer’s Phone
3. Return to the official school portal at buk.edu.ng and login with your username and password to complete the following:
- Application Form
- Programme Selection Form
- Personal Data Form
- Application Form
4. Transcript request form shall also be filled by candidates for Ph.D., H.Phil, and Academic Master’s Programme in addition to the form listed in step 3 above. After completing the registration form, click ‘SUBMIT’ to complete the application process.
An acknowledgement slip will be generated for you immediately, print the slip and keep it safe. The slip will be needed during the collection of admission letters, screening, and registration.
An Applicant should ensure that he/she has the entry requirements for the programme applied for, plus five O’Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics as appropriate.
Applicants for Ph.D/M.Phil and Academic Masters’ programmes should ensure that transcripts of their academic records are sent to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Bayero University, Kano. Also, applicants for Ph.D. programmes are to provide a short research proposal of not more than 350 words in the space provided on the online application form. The proposal should include the title, statement of the problem, and objectives.
Note: The exam date and time for the Bayero University PG screening test will be communicated to you through the contact details you submitted during registration.
The Bayero University (BUK) Postgraduate admission closing date 2023/2024 will be announced once the admission form is out. This page will be updated with the starting and closing date once the form is out.
If you have any questions regarding BUK SPGS form 2023, feel free to use the comment box below and we will respond to your request.