Are you considering a career in aviation? Do you like the thrill of working on an airplane and traveling to different locations as a crew member? If yes, a career in aviation is just right for you! Once you have made the decision to go to an aviation school, the next and most crucial step is to choose a good aviation school to study at.
An aviation school is an institution where students are trained as pilots and cabin crew members; travel and tourism professionals also get their training from aviation schools. There are several aviation schools in Nigeria and this is due to the booming air transportation business in Nigeria, some of the aviation schools are better than others in terms of academic offerings.
This article will feature the top ten aviation schools in Nigeria. We will also discuss the available courses at these schools and entry requirements to give you a clear picture of each aviation school. Continue reading to explore out list of the 10 best aviation schools in Nigeria.
10 Best Aviation Schools in Nigeria
1. Dhaewood Aviation Business School (DABS)
Dhaewood Aviation Business School is located in Ikeja, it was established in 2005. Dhaewood Aviation Business School is a private aviation school and one of the best in aviation training. The school offers a wide array of aviation courses, including short courses, degree courses, and piloting courses. Dhaewood Aviation Business School holds a license from the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA). A short course at this college lasts for a few months and costs about Fifty Thousand Naira (50,000 NGN). A piloting course costs about 7.5 million Naira.
- O’level certificate with at least 5 credits including Mathematics and English Language.
- Credits in Physics and Geography will give you an added advantage.
- Air Ticketing
- Air Travel Studies
- Airline Cabin Crew
- Airport Security & Safety
- Aviation Studies
- Airline Call center
- Aircraft Engineering
- Airline Revenue Management
- Forex trading
- 2D/3D ANIMATION
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resources Management
- IATA Certificate
- Shipping, Imports & Export
- Travel Visa Processing & Management
- Travel & Tourism
2. Aeroport College of Aviation and Travel Management
Aeroport College of Aviation and Travel Management is located in Oshodi, Lagos State. The college offers courses and training in the airline, airport, travel, and tourism industries. The school holds accreditation from the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA). Students are guaranteed job placements after their training. Aeroport College however does not offer pilot training. Tuition fees at this college range from N40,000 to N265,000, the cost of tuition is dependent on the duration of courses.
- A minimum of O’level certificate with at least 5 credits including Mathematics and English Language.
- For courses like Cabin Crew and Flight Dispatch, a minimum of a National Diploma is required.
- Professional courses
- Degree courses
- Management courses
3. Crew Training Institute
Crew Training Institute is one of the top aviation schools that holds accreditation from the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) as an Authorized Training Organization (ATO). There are many courses on offer at this college, however, this institute does not offer pilot training. Students are also guaranteed job placements after graduation. Tuition fees cost about N100,000-N150,000, the cost of tuition depends on the duration of the courses.
- A minimum of an O’level certificate.
- At least 18 years old.
- A medical report.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Good swimming skills.
- Flight Dispatcher Training
- Cabin Crew Certification Training
- VIP Cabin Crew Training
- Initial Cabin Crew Training
4. International Aviation College
The International Aviation College is an aviation college located in Ilorin, Kwara State. This aviation school is state-owned and has approval from the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority. International Aviation College is also an authorized Diamond Aircraft and Thielert Centurion Center, boasting a fleet of Diamond 40 and 42 aircraft. Standard piloting courses at this college cost around 15 million Naira.
- O’level certificate with a minimum of 5 credits including Mathematics and English Language. Credits in Physics and Geography will give you an added advantage.
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old for the Pilot Course, and at least 21 years old for the Flight Dispatcher Course.
- For the Standard Pilot and Flight Dispatcher Course, qualified candidates will have to undergo a qualifying exam.
- Private Pilot License Airplane
- Private Pilot License Helicopter
- Commercial Pilot Licence Airplane
- Commercial Pilot License Helicopter
- Flight Dispatcher Course
- Instrument Ratings
- Multi-engine Rating
5. Landover Aviation Business School
Landover Aviation Business School located in Ikeja, Lagos State is one of the best aviation schools in Nigeria. As a testimony to how good this college is, it holds accreditation from both the NCAA and IATA(International Air Transport Association).
This school is one of the best if not the best aviation schools in Nigeria. It has made it to the IATA top 10 Aviation Training Institute three times in a row in 2011, 2012, and 2013. The school has also produced IATA Best Performer in Nigeria in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021. Tuition fees at LABS range from N45,000 to N300,000 and the cost of tuition depends on the faculty and duration of courses taken.
- O’level certificate with at least 5 credits.
- Birth certificate.
- Travel & Tourism
- Technical and Operations
- Aviation Management
6. Lagos Aviation Academy
The Lagos Aviation Academy located on the Lagos mainland is both an IATA-Authorized Training Center (ATC) and an NCAA Approved Training Organization (ATO). The school is the only certified Amadeus Training Partner in Nigeria. In 2022, the school was awarded the Best Training School for the Year during the Nigerian Tourism Awards in Lagos. Tuition fees at this college range from N65,000 to N150,000 depending on the courses and it duration.
- O’level certificate
- Cabin Crew Ab-initio Course
- Basic Ticketing And Reservation With Amadeus
- Iata Foundation in Travel & Tourism With Amadeus
- Iata Managing The Travel Business
- Basic Flight Dispatcher
- Advanced Flight Dispatcher
- Travel and Tourism Consultant
- IATA Cargo Handling Course (Introductory)
- Tour Package
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road Awareness (ADR)
- Customer Service
- Passenger Ground Services
- BSP Essentials For Travel Agents (e-learning)
- Accounting & Finacial Management For Travel Agencies (e-learning)
- Geography In Travel Planning (e-learning)
- Harvard Management for Students & Graduates
- Human Trafficking Awareness (e-learning)
- Overview of the Air Transportation System (e-learning)
- Travel Agency Fees: A Professional Approach (e-learning)
- Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) Initial Category 3
7. Aeroconsult Training Center
Aeroconsult Training Center is one of the best aviation schools in Nigeria. The center has approval from the NCAA as an ATO. There are several courses on offer at this college, however, the school does not offer pilot training. Tuition fees range from N95,000 to N1,000,000 and this depends on the course duration.
- A minimum of an O’level certificate. Any other requirement will depend on the course.
- Airline Technical Records & Document Control System
- Arline Management
- Aviation Stores Management
- Helicopter Landing Officers Course
- Aircraft Maintenance Planning & Control
- Aircraft Maintenance Management
- Quality Management System For Airlines
- Airworthiness Course
- Flight Dispatcher/Flight Operations Officer
8. GIB Air Aviation Academy
GIB Air Aviation Academy is located at Ikotun, Lagos State. This school is a subsidiary of GIB Air Services. Tuition fees range from N50,000 to N200,000 depending on the course duration.
- A minimum of an O’level certificate is required.
- Diploma in Airport Operation
- Advanced Diploma Travel Agency Management
- Diploma in Airline Customer Care Service
- Diploma in Passenger Ground Services
- Advanced Diploma Travel & Tourism Management
- Diploma in Air Ticketing & Reservationdiploma In Tourism Management
9. The Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT)
The Nigerian College of Aviation Technology located in Zaria, Kaduna State is one of the best aviation schools and most popular aviation schools in Nigeria. NCAT was founded in 1964 and currently boasts a fleet of over 30 aircraft equipped with modern facilities.
The Institute offers an impressive range of aviation courses including pilot training, aircraft maintenance, and air traffic control. The school holds accreditation from both the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
The standard pilot course offered at NCAT lasts for about 2 years and costs about 7-13 million Naira. Tuition for courses that last less than a year costs about N80,000 and N2,000,000 depending on the duration of the course.
To be eligible for admission to study at NCAT, interested candidates must meet the following requirements:-
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 credits in their SSCE including Mathematics, English Language, and Physics.
- Score a minimum of 180 points in UTME.
- Flying School Courses
- Aeronautical Telecommunications Engineering Courses
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Courses
- Aviation Management Courses
- Air Traffic Services/ Communication Courses
10. Universal School of Aviation (USA)
Universal School of Aviation (USA) is one of the best aviation schools in Nigeria that holds approval from both the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
The Universal School of Aviation trains students in various travel and tourism-related courses, and certificates awarded in the USA are accepted anywhere in the world. Students are guaranteed job placements as soon as they graduate. Tuition fees at the Universal School of Aviation(USA) cost about N50,000 NGN per course, to N250,000 per year for degree courses.
- A minimum of an O’level certificate with at least 5 credits is required.
- Higher qualifications such as OND, HND, B.Sc., etc. are also accepted.
- Birth certificate.
- Students are required to provide a means of identification, preferably an international passport before the end of their course.
- Air Ticketing/Reservation (Atr)
- Basic Flight Dispatcher/Ground Pilot
- Flight Attendant/Cabin Crew
- Advanced Flight Dispatcher/Ground Pilot
- Helicopter Landing Officer (Hlo)
- Aviation And Airport Management
- Customer Service Management
- Travel Agency Management (Tam)
- Hotel And Hospitality Management
- Degree Courses & Other Courses
- Air Ticketing/Reservation (ATR)
Above is the list of the 10 Best Aviation Schools in Nigeria, go through the list and choose the school that best suits your needs and apply.
If you have further questions regarding this topic, we are happy to help; send in your questions via the comment section, and we will send a response as quickly as possible. Do not forget to share this article with friends so that they can also be privy to the knowledge shared.